Thursday, April 28, 2011

Frustration and Being Grateful.

Brian, Erin, the Bunny, Amber, Savannah after the Easter Egg Hunt!

My Easter weekend was very nice. We enjoyed a fun Easter Egg Hunt at Jeff and Michelle's and we than ate a yummy dinner at my parent's home. I do enjoy seeing my family and watching the interaction. The weather was sunny but cool. The Easter Bunny brought the girls each a basket. Erin received a Webkinz, the angora bunny. Amber received a Monster High doll, Ghoula. My girls are growing up so fast and it really comes into focus for me during all the holidays. I see them maturing and I'm getting nervous to be a parent of tweens and than teens.

My Dad had knee surgery a week ago to repair a torn ACL. He was doing well, but into day 3 he came down with an infection and became very sick. The doctors weren't sure where it came from in his body, the incisions were healing fine. He is doing so much better now and he can even walk on it. It always makes me nervous seeing my parents have medical problems.

My job is going to end sooner than I want it to, but the flow of mail has been slower than usual this time of year. I was really hoping to have worked for most of the 90 days that I was hired for. I have not been terminated yet, but the talk through the grapevine is that it is coming soon. In the long run it will be better for my family that I'm done working before the end of May. It is hard to keep track of all things the each member is doing and keeping up with their needs when I am away working. It was a good time to experience the effect of how working outside the home has on my family.

I've come to the realization that at my age I have little patience for disrespect in the work place and I think a lot of that happens these days. Being back in the work force is just not for me right now, possibly in the future when my girls are raised. In this crazy world, I need to be here for family in every way. It's their time and not mine right now. There is a season for everything and enjoying the moment is what it's all about.

1 comment:

  1. cute easter picture. You are amazing Joy and so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts