Saturday, March 31, 2012

Happy, Happy Spring

With March almost over I look forward to April and spring time. March was a very exciting month for us. Erin turned 11 years old on the 20th. She is turning into such a beautiful and sweet young lady. She had a Rock Star/Movie Star themed birthday party. She loves music, she loves to listen to it and to play it. We redid her room as her birthday present from us. I thought "oh we can knock this out in four days" and Andy said it would take at least two weeks. He was so right!!! I was so ready to get her back into that room by the end of week of two. She loves it and it is now a tween/teen room. I told her she would have to live with the new colors until she left home, because I was NOT going to do this again. It did turn out so cute.
 This is the guitar cake that I made. I ROCK!!!

 Erin with her cake, pretty stinkin cute!

 My beauty opening her gifts.

 She was so excited to see The Hunger Games.

 Clothes from Grandma R.

 Blowing out her candles, Happy Birthday Erin!!


Here it is her ROOM! Grandma D. paid for the paint.

                                    
 I love how the music decal turned out.

 We mounted her shelf high so she could watch TV in bed.

 Her shelf for her trophies. We are going to put another one above it or to the left of it on the other wall, haven't decided yet.

I found this music hook wall hanging and thought it was perfect for her bags.

The girls finished up the basketball season in March too. Both of their teams were UNDEFEATED!!! We were so lucky to have them on such great teams.  I love to watch them play and see their skills improve with each game. They decided not to play soccer this year and that didn't break my heart, but I wish they would have played baseball. Amber is still in tumbling and hopefully if I get my hiney in gear, Erin and I will take Zumba. She loves to dance but hates doing the splits and other things that she has to do in a formal dance class. They still take piano lessons and Erin continues to love it, Amber on the other hand not so much. Both girls are doing so well in school, we could not be more proud of them. The school year is almost over and I am sad. I will have a 6th grader next year, oh no!!!
 Amber, I dig her black and pink shoes.


 She is good little guard.

 Erin always getting that rebound.

Erin playing defense.

Erin participated in her SEM class and did a report on women who have influenced history.                                  
 She choose Sacagewaea.

Our very own Indian Princess.

Well, it is that time of year, time to get Patrick out and go zoom zoom all over town. I've actually missed going for rides on him. I have to get him licensed and then we are set. Andy and I have been out a couple of times on the motorcycle and so want to go out more. We have been losing weight and so we fit much better now on the seat. We have both lost 15lbs, but have a long way to go to hit our goals. I will post pics when the weight loss actually shows. When your really heavy it takes a big weight loss to start showing. I just keep telling myself that we can do it. We are going to Weight Watchers and I love it. The kids aren't too sure about eating so many veggies, but it is good for them and I make them. We are trying to form good eating habits. Stay tuned for progress report.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts