Sunday, September 4, 2011

School is In!!

The girls getting ready to leave for first day of school


Amber with her 4th grade teacher Mrs. Janet Salyards


Erin with her 5th grade teacher Mrs. Michelle Goble.

The girls had a great first day of school. They both love their teachers. We have actually been in school now for two weeks and hopefully have fallen into a regular schedule. The homework is getting done at school so not much is brought home, yippee!! We have really been working at getting our daily reading back into the routine. I've been reading a lot but my reading doesn't count towards their minutes, LOL!!

They have gotten back into their piano lessons and have been doing very well with daily practicing, let's just hope it can continue. Erin has decided she would like to take dance again. She has taken two years off and ready to start again. Amber has decided she wants to take tumbling again. She has been off for three years. I'm glad they want to get back into those things since they have both chosen to not play soccer. They will both being playing Jr. Jazz in the winter.

Andy and I have been able to get out on the motorcycle a little this last month, but of course not enough. I have to get a picture of it and get it posted. Our new bike is gorgeous, a Suzuki C90 Boulevard. Hopefully we will be able to take a small trip on it somewhere in the near future.

I have a new job. I am a teacher's assistant at an elementary in Layton. I LOVE it and it works so well with my kids' schedule. I get to take them to school and pick them up. I will have the same days off as they do. It is the perfect job. My mom had the same type of job when I was growing up and I loved her being able to work around my schedule too. I feel guilty for being excited to go to work. I have never experienced that before. I keep thinking "I am going to get paid for doing this?" GREAT!!!!

I'm looking forward to cooler temps and the fall colors coming out. We have had such a wet Spring and Summer that I'm hoping the leaves will be beautiful. Of course we will be taking a few motorcycle rides to view the mountains. Looking for that amazing change in seasons.

1 comment:

Popular Posts