Saturday, October 29, 2011

Our vacation to California!

We just got back from spending a week in California. We were in LA most of the time. Andy had meetings so we decided to make it a family vacation. We decided it would be too expensive for all of us to fly so we drove. Our first night was spent in St. George and than we drove to LA from there. I have never drove beyond Las Vegas. I actually enjoyed seeing the different scenery.

Our first experience, getting into LA, we saw a filming of a traffic scene. It was fun to watch. The second day we spent at The American Girl Store and Santa Monica Pier and took a tour of the city.

                               American Girl Store

                                We are standing infront of my favorite doll Kit's display

                       Wall painting advertisement for Happy Feet Two.

                                   Santa Monica Pier

                    The aquarium at Santa Monica Pier

The girls and I just hung out for the third day and went to the American Girl store again.

The fourth day we spent at Universal Studios. We had never been there before and we all loved it. I especially enjoyed the tour of the studio lots. We actually were able to drive by the set of Desperate Housewives while it was filming. Of course, DHW is one of my favorite shows. They had had the park all decorated up for Halloween and some were pretty interesting.

                  Walking the Red Carpet.

                               Waiting for the studio lot tour.



                                  This a real guy painted like a statue. He was awesome.


The third day was at a day trip to San Diego and Legoland, but Legoland was closed. We had a Wally World experience that day. So we spent the day at Seaport Village shopping and on a beach in La Jolla. It was a cold and foggy day so I'm glad Legoland was closed.

              Amber is holding hands with a boy and a dad made out of Legos.

 Amber is standing by the mom with a baby in a stroller and I am by the dad and son that are made out of Legos. I also really, really want the Volvo we are standing by.     


 Andy and the girls at Seaport Village
 Amber standing on the rocks in La Jolla

 We watched this guy surf.
Amber not so sure she wants to hold this crab

The fifth day we went back down to Legoland and they were open yippee!!

 Andy and the girls in a large Lego pumpkin

 I could not get this photo to rotate. Haggrid, Harry and the girls

 A Volvo CX90 made from Legos

 My Dad with the girls, just kidding.

 Again won't rotate.

The girls on one of the rides.

After Legoland we drove to Las Vegas and spent the night at the Excalibur and then the next we spent it with my Aunt Karma. We went to lunch and Andy did some honey-do's for her. We arrived home at midnight that night.
It was a fun trip but I was so glad to get home. I was running out of underwear, ha ha ha. I love my family and being around little kids makes me see how much my girls are growing up. I want to savor every moment with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts